Employment Opportunity – Office of the Randy Hoback, MP
Randy Hoback, Member of Parliament for Prince Albert, is looking to hire a Legislative Assistant in his Parliament Hill office. The successful applicant will be a full-time regular employee with full benefits.
Brief Description of Responsibilities
- Manage Stakeholder Relations (setting up meetings, completing meeting follow up, and drafting correspondence);
- Write speeches, SO-31s, QP questions and open letters for Member;
- Attend Committee/Caucus Advisory Committee meetings with or on behalf of the Member;
- Committee preparation – ensuring the Member has all the appropriate printed materials required for committee;
- Research – providing the Member with necessary briefing materials;
- Track legislation and proceedings of the House;
- Respond to media requests and arrange interviews;
- Media Monitoring, including providing daily media scans on emerging issues;
- Other projects as required.
- Strong organizational and time management experience;
- Ability to work under pressure with changing priorities;
- Strong multi-tasking capabilities;
- Research experience;
- Competent level with Microsoft Office;
- Excellent oral communication and written communication;
- Effective interpersonal skills;
- Initiative – demonstrate ability to set goals and meet deadlines;
- Cooperate and work well with other members of the team to reach common goals.
Not Essential but An Asset:
- Previous Hill experience;
- Experience in Canada-U.S. relations and international trade policy.
How to Apply:
Please submit your application, including cover letter and resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject identified as Position of Legislative Assistant. All applications will be kept confidential. We thank all applicants, however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Salary is commensurate with experience.